Job ID#: 55109
Astute Medical, Inc., an innovative in vitro diagnostic company, is seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to join our product development team. The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of up to five employees who produce and test prototype diagnostic test devices. This position is a hands-on laboratory position. The Lab Supervisor will work alongside their team members to build and test prototype test devices. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating laboratory production and testing activities to achieve department as well as company objectives. This is a contract position with an expected duration of 6 months.
· Work with specialized laboratory equipment to prepare reagents, samples, and prototype test devices needed to support the development of new diagnostic products
· Communicate regularly with technical staff throughout the company to plan, coordinate, and schedule laboratory activities
· Ensure scheduled production, testing, and any other lab activities are completed in a timely manner
· Develop and oversee daily work plans and schedules for team
· Actively participate in technical meetings to discuss planning of laboratory activities as well as any questions, issues, or improvements related to test device production or testing. Coach team to participate.
· Collect, maintain, and ensure accuracy of laboratory documentation such as laboratory testing data, notebooks, and production records
· Train and coach employees on laboratory procedures and work instructions. Ensure compliance to these procedures and any associated specifications
· Develop SOP’s, production records, work instructions, etc. as needed under the guidance of technical staff
· Counsel team members to resolve technical and non-technical problems encountered in laboratory work
· Monitor inventory of laboratory materials and supplies. Assist in procuring materials and supplies as needed.
· Monitor laboratory equipment. Assist in maintaining and repairing equipment as needed.
· Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent, supplemented by training from a Vocational-technical school or two years of college in the sciences or related field
· Ability to supervise and schedule the work of others. Prior experience and / or training in a supervisory capacity preferred.
· Considerable knowledge and experience with the methods, materials, and techniques used in laboratory work
· Ability to organize, communicate, teach, and work with others in an effective manner
Please email or fax your resume or curriculum vitae to us at the address below. Be sure to specify job reference ID# 55109 in the subject of the message.
Fax: (858) 882-0449
Human Resources - Astute Medical
3550 General Atomics Court
MS 02/620, San Diego, CA 92121